It s unknwn by the dates given below if the burials back in the 1600's was at this location or not.
Botley Road Cemetery was the burial place for Romsey from 1856 until 1983, with a few burials taking place more recently. Most burials now take place in Woodley Cemetery in Braishfield Road.
Burial Board was set up. It was responsible for the new cemetery that opened in Botley Road in 1857 - an essential provision as the overflowing Abbey churchyard no longer complied with new regulations about depth of burial. Two cemetery chapels were built at Botley road, one Church of England and the other Nonconformist, a pleasing reflection of the more open membership of the Council. Both chapels were designed by London architect, Robert Lower, son of a Romsey businessman.
The above is an extract from the book 'The History of Romsey' which is a publication by the Lower Test Valley Archaeological Study Group